Technology is quickly changing the experiential marketing and events industry with innovative ways to enhance your guest experience and amplify it beyond the people in the room. With many options available, it is important to prioritize technology that complements your story, audience and budget. The choices can be a little overwhelming, so here are 6 of our favorites. Why? Because #ahashtagisnotenough
- Snap - let's face it, people will be in Snap at your event anyway, so why not also engage with them within the app with location-based filters. Or get a few Spectacles - sure to make a scene.
- Facebook Live - allows up to 4 hours of real-time sharing with your audience near and far
- Instagram Live Video - disappears as soon as your video ends, so it creates a sense of urgency and brings people into live sharing excitement
- Augmented Reality - think Pokémon Go, it enhances reality (what you're actually seeing) with an extra digital layer of storytelling
- Virtual Reality - completely immerses guests in your story in a customizable digital atmosphere, there is nothing real about what they're seeing
- Hologram - projections let guests experience in 3D
With great choices come great responsibility. How do you choose the tech best suited for your story and the experience you want to create? Is using more than one technology at an event overkill? You'll need to answer these questions, and more, to maximize your return on investment.
Photo Credit: ICT